If you’re in the business of selling products like an amazon seller, it’s important to know the ins and outs of shipping. In this blog post, we’ll be focusing on air shipping. We’ll cover what air shipping is, how it works, and compare it with express air shipping. By the end of this post, you’ll have a better understanding of which shipping method is best for your business.
What is Air Shipping?
Air shipping is a method of shipping products via airplane. Airplanes fly at high speeds and can cover long distances in a relatively short amount of time, which makes them well-suited for shipping products that need to be delivered quickly.
How Does Air Shipping Work?
When you ship a product via air, the first thing that happens is your product is loaded onto an airplane. The airplane then takes off and flies to its destination airport, where your product is unloaded and goes through customs. Once it clears customs, your product will be delivered to its destination by either truck or another form of ground transportation.
Air shipping is a quick and efficient way to get your products to their destination; however, it can also be quite expensive. That’s why it’s important to weigh the pros and cons of air shipping before deciding if it’s the right choice for your business.
Pros of Air Shipping
- Quick delivery times: One of the biggest advantages of air shipping is that it offers fast delivery times. If you need to get your product to its destination quickly, air shipping is usually the best option.
- Increased reliability: Thanks to its quick delivery times, air shipping is also one of the most reliable shipping methods. If your product needs to arrive on a specific date or time, you can count on air shipping to get the job done.
- Less handling: Because air shipments are typically delivered directly from the airport to their final destination, there’s less handling involved than with other methods like ground transportation. This means there’s a reduced risk of damage during transit.
- Safe for fragile items: If you’re shipping fragile items like electronics or glassware, air shipping is often the best option since there’s less handling involved and a reduced risk of damage during transit.
- More control: When you ship via air, you have more control over your shipment since it spends less time in transit than with other methods like ground transportation or sea freight. This means you can track your shipment more easily and receive up-to-date information on its whereabouts.
Cons of Air Shipping
- High cost: The biggest downside of air shipping is that it’s quite expensive compared to other methods like ground transportation or sea freight. If cost is a major concern for your business, you may want to consider another shipping method.
- Limited capacity: Another downside of air shipping is that there’s limited space on airplanes for shipments. This means that larger shipments may need to be shipped via another method like sea freight.
Express Air Shipping
What is express air shipping? Express air shipping is a freight shipping method that involves transporting goods by air. This type of shipping is typically faster and more expensive than regular air shipping. However, it can be a good option for situations where time is of the essence.
What are the benefits of express air shipping? Some of the main benefits of this freight shipping method include the following:
- Speed: One of the biggest advantages of express air shipping is that it offers faster transit times than regular air shipping. This can be crucial for time-sensitive shipments.
- Flexibility: Express air shipping also offers more flexibility than regular freight options. This includes things like door-to-door service and smaller minimum shipment sizes.
- Reliability: In general, express air shipping is a more reliable freight option than regular freight. This is due to the fact that there are fewer stops and handling points along the way.
What are the disadvantages of express air shipping? As with any freight option, there are some potential disadvantages to using express air shipping, including:
- Cost: One of the biggest drawbacks of express air shipping is that it tends to be more expensive than regular freight options. This is due to the fact that it is a premium service.
- Availability: Not all areas have access to express air shipping services. This can limit your options if you need to ship to a remote location.
Overall, express air shipping can be a great option for those who need fast, reliable freight services. However, it is important to keep in mind that this option tends to be more expensive than regular freight options. So, which is right for you? Air shipping is ideal for businesses that need to send large or heavy items quickly, while express air shipping is perfect for businesses that need to get their products to their customers right away.